Summer Updates



Hello everyone! 

In case you haven't checked it yet, I have updated my Reviewing Policy tab. Let me fill you in on everything that's been going on. 


1) I've been on vacation and will be potentially going out of town again rather soon.

2) My third year of college begins in late August

3) I was elected to be the president of the NSCS chapter at the university I attend this year

4) I have too many books on my to-read list and it really needs to shrink

5) I'm an English major, taking 4 English courses this fall......meaning I will have lots of reading to do for class

6) It's summer reading program time at my local library

7) I'm on summer break and need time to play with my little sister, manage a long distance relationship and kick back with some video games

So what does all of this mean for all of you? I'll break it down:

FOR MY BLOG READERS:
     Nothing. I'll still be putting up posts as often as I can and nothing should change for you...you'll still be getting reviews for books of all kinds of genres.

FOR AUTHORS WHO HAVE ALREADY ASKED ME FOR REVIEWS:
     You're on hold unless I've specifically told you otherwise. I'm trying to get to reading all of your books, but it isn't easy. Particularly, for those who have given me e-books to review. I have not yet adjusted to e-book format and still prefer a physical book in my hands to read. I own an e-reader and have managed to read only 2 books on it. However, I am practicing with some library e-books I borrowed through Overdrive and trying to get used to reading books on my e-reader. This means that if you've given me an e-book, I may take another few months to get a review up. If I have a physical copy of your book, I'll get to doing your reviews sooner because it's so much easier for me. 

FOR AUTHORS WISHING TO ASK ME FOR REVIEWS: 
      Unless you're ready for a 6 month or so wait for reviews, don't do it yet. I'm taking time to catch up on my own personal books that I've been meaning to read, but haven't had the chance to; so I would appreciate your patience with me while I try to lighten my present reading load. If you are patient and wish to contact me already, feel free to do so, but let me know that you're cool with waiting a bit so I don't feel rushed. I am not currently available to make deadlines....sorry, but that's how it is at the moment. I'll update the Review Policy and put up another post when I am once more ready to accept e-books and other materials for review. 

Glad that's taken care of and I'd like to thank everyone for respecting my reading wishes at this time. Huge thanks to all my readers for sticking around and hopefully we'll get some more readers to hop on board in the months to come. Spread the word about my reviews to any of your book loving friends. I always accept book and movie recommendations!! If you wish to know what's coming up review wise, you can friend me on Goodreads and keep an eye on my To-Read and Currently Reading lists. If you do not see a book that you have given to me up there, feel free to contact me about it and I'll see what I can do!!

I can be found here: Samantha King on Goodreads

Sam King 

Comments