Master's Experience #8: Weeks 3 & 4

Hello all!



Some of you may have noticed that no updates went out this past Sunday or the Sunday before. I have been out of town, so I didn't have a chance to set anything up (schoolwork being what it is). This week I'm posting a bit late, but it will cover both weeks I missed. I might put up some things about my trip later, but I have to get back into my school things, so that will have to wait for now.

Week 3
I was working on a discussion post, an index, and the first part of a semester-long project I have. I had to create an index for a web article about peanuts, write a discussion comparing two digital library collections, and do a 2 and a half page preliminary document for a project.

All together that week I ended up reading 182 pages of material. This was a major step down from the previous week but I also had hockey games, trip preparation, and family obligations to take care of. Given the time that I worked that isn't too bad of a total.

Week 4
This week I was out of town, in Colorado. During this week I mainly had to write a discussion post and work on a group paper that required lots of research. I could only dedicate a few hours on certain days of the week since I was with family, but ended up reading 257 pages of required readings and research for the paper.

RUNNING TOTAL FOR THE SEMESTER: 810

My semester total is starting to wrack up big time now. We will see where this week takes me.

Again, trip updates to come later, trying to get back into the swing of things and return to normalcy after freezing my toes off for a week!

Comments