Master's Experience #6: A New Semester



I have completed my first week of class in this new semester!

This included returning from an in-person institute in Denton, Texas for my final core course meeting and completing my first assignments. 

The first week's assignments included a discussion post and an indexing exercise. This semester I am taking Introduction to Information Organization, Introduction to Digital Libraries, and Information Indexing, Abstracting, & Retrieval. This week has already started off in a big way, showing me that this will be a very hands-on, technical semester. 

My page tally for this first week was: 124 pages. 

That was done over maybe 3 days, since the semester officially started Tuesday (Monday being an observed holiday on campus), and I returned Tuesday evening, so there was zero time for reading. Additionally, Miner hockey was this weekend (Saturday and Sunday). The Miners should have a record of about 14-3, with their sweep of the Texas State Bobcats this weekend. Game 1 ended with the Miners winning 14-0, and Game 2 ended with a score of 12-0. The Miners put up a grand tally of 26 points against Texas State, not letting them score a single point on our back-up goalie. The team has really stepped up big, but the games are why I didn't get to do any reading over the weekend.

Actually, they're the reason I forced myself to get through 124 pages in 3 days' time and complete 95% of my work by Friday night. 

Since we have full weeks instead of having to wait for holidays for readings to go up for the next couple weeks as far as I know and the Miners have one last home stand coming up until the season is practically over, this shouldn't happen anymore. Full weeks to get through hundreds of pages are much more enjoyable. 

This semester is off to a pretty solid start and I'm really looking forward to it! Hope you all are having a productive start to 2018 also! 

Leave comments below if there's any particular content you'd like for me to put up or if you have any questions about what I'm doing in my MLIS program. 

Comments