Apologies Long Overdue



I have been super inactive with this....and to any of you who were nice enough to be a consistent reader, I apologize sincerely. Even the post that I just published before this was an old one just sitting around and I didn't want to delete it so I figured it was good enough for the publishing.

For those who do not know, I am about to finish up my first year of college. Ah ha! So there's the reason for my absence. I am a full time student and most of my time has been committed to attending class, completing assignments and attempting to maintain a social life.  Political Science has been kicking my butt, but I'm finally getting a handle on it and realizing that my not-so-great subjects, aren't really all that difficult if I just set my mind on pushing through them...which is no easy task.

In addition, I am an involved student on campus and have been going to meetings as the vice president of an organization. I can't say for sure how much work I do there, but we meet twice a week so my time is used up there too. I think most would agree that school is pretty important compared to other things, like blogs for example. It will be much time before I do...anything much on here. My internet presence will be severely limited in this regard. I might be needing to revise my approaches to my blog and what I'm trying to accomplish with it.

Also, I've been trying to get a lot more reading done and have found myself mostly successful, but I am still very behind. I have stacks of books I've won, been given, and have purchased....many of which are unread still. So if any of you readers are authors who have given me books, I apologize deeply for not getting to your wonderful works just yet, I promise I will in time.

I only have a few more weeks left in my freshman year and its been quite the learning experience. I actually have to study for one thing. While classes are shorter than they were in high school and there are less, they definitely require more effort. Sleep is very important and should not be neglected....but these are all just basic things everyone can assume really.

Its almost summer time, so its almost time for our yearly excursion. This year will find me in San Antonio, visiting a friend and in Dallas, taking care of business. I'm hoping to get more reading done here as well.

One new bit of info...I am finally working on my first novel. Many ideas and delays later, I have something that might pull through as time passes and I continue work on it. It is not much at this point, but in time I am certain it will improve into something worth reading. I've had a lot of help in getting it going and I'm very grateful for that. (Thanks to my parents and sister for all their support thus far in everything I've chosen to do).

In case any of you readers are ever bored and in need of something to do, might I request a small favor? My novel has much to do with dolphins and a marine park, so if you run across any links that would be useful in this regard (animal training, marine mammals, trainer-animal relationships, running marine parks, behind the scenes tidbits) I would be most grateful and ask that you link them here in a comment.

Again, I apologize for my inactivity, and hope you all can have some patience with me.
Thanks!😁

Comments