Movie Review: The Librarian-Return To King Solomon's Mines

This one was also picked up at the local library. I picked up both of the Librarian movies and I am currently requesting the third! Thank you library!

The Librarian: Return To King Solomon's Mines
Release Year: 2006
Genre: Action Adventure Fantasy
My Rating: 3/5

The Premise:
(As read on back of cover)

"New Continent. New Adventure. Still No Clue. 
The Librarian: Return to King Solomon's Mines (2006)You know how riled a librarian gets when Treasure Island is two days overdue? Imagine what happens when villains nab the Librarian's map to King Solomon's mines, the hiding place of fabulous ancient treasures! Noah Wyle again portrays Librarian Flynn Carson, the unlikely book-smart protector of humanity's greatest secrets. Bob Newhart, Jane Curtin and Olympia Dukakis also return in another thrilling adventure set in far-flung corners of the world. This time, the action careens from Cairo to Casablanca to Kenya to the arms of a beautiful archaeologist (Gabrielle Anwar). Can the Librarian escape a watery tomb? Fend off attacking hippos? Cross over a river of fire? Brave a perilous netherworld to defeat an evil mastermind and his henchmen? In short, can he save the world again?"

The Trailer:


I don't know what it is about sequels that just don't line up. The Librarian: Quest for the Spear was absolutely brilliant! Return to King Solomon's Mines? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, it was still really good, it just didn't go the full mile. 

If anything is to blame, I'd say its the serious tone throughout pretty much the entire adventure. We still get to see the world and go after some of history's greatest mysteries, but there's a large lack of wit and I wasn't so inspired this time around. 

Overall, I would watch this one again, but I'd watch Quest for the Spear a lot more. I missed the humor and wit. 

SPOILER ALERT: BEWARE!
Go no further unless you're ok with a 1st movie-2nd movie events-in-between confusion note

What in the heck happened to Nicole? There is absolutely no explanation as to where she disappeared to. For all I know, she could have died. Which upset me, because that bothered me throughout the entire movie while I waited for some explanation. 





Comments