Movie Review: Happiness Is A Warm Blanket Charlie Brown

I've always been rather fond of The Peanuts. I am a holiday special watcher. My sister checked this out from the library and at first I was excited. Tonight's Summer Movie Night is:

Happiness Is A Warm Blanket Charlie Brown
Release Year: 2011
Genre: Animated Family Comedy
My Rating: 2/5

Happiness Is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown (2011)The premise:
----As taken from the back cover

"Linus and his blue blanket go together like peanut butter and jelly, sunny days and baseball games, Snoopy and Woodstock. But when Linus discovers his Grandma disapproves of his childish attachment, he wonders if it's time to ditch that blanket. Linus enlists the help of best buddy Charlie Brown to keep the security object away form him. When that doesn't work, he turns to his older sister, amateur psychiatrist Lucy, for some tough love. Can Linus kick his habit once and for all? Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown is sure to snugly wrap your whole family in happiness."

The Trailer:


I was really disappointed with this Peanuts cartoon. The cover is so deceptive! It looks happy and sweet, like most Peanuts videos tend to be. I am used to Lucy being a jerk and Schroeder ignoring her. Charlie Brown always has security issues since everybody picks on him. But seriously? What happened to the Peanuts I used to know. I have never been so upset with a cartoon in my life! I am so sad that this is what the Peanuts have come to. Linus doesn't really even go to Lucy for help, she just butts in as usual with her mean-ness. What is so wrong with Linus having his security blanket? I didn't like his grandma at all. I can't imagine any real grandparents acting that way since I've only been around nice, loving grandparents my entire life. 

This cartoon just made me sad and a little mad. I have one question: Why are all the girls so mean?? I don't like that at all, because not all girls are mean. All girls can BE mean, but not all girls CHOOSE to be. That kinda upset me...besides the fact that everyone is insecure and they're getting onto Linus for having a way to get a sense of security. 

I guess this cartoon can serve as a way to teach a valuable lesson, but I don't really like the way the characters were presented. It was horrible and I can't sugarcoat it. 

If given the opportunity, I wouldn't take it. This is a definite miss and worth passing up. 

Comments