Movie Review: Dolphin Tale

This has been one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. There's so much heart. I am not gonna hide the fact that I cried... a lot. At least 4 different times (because that's the kind of girl I am).

Today's Summer Movie Night is:


Dolphin Tale

Release Year: 2011
Genre: Family Drama
My Rating: 5/5   (If I could rate it higher I would)---I'll just toss in an extra fish 😁

The premise:
---As taken from back of movie cover
Dolphin Tale (2011)

"In an inspirational story of the bond between animals and humans, a boy named Sawyer discovers an injured dolphin, who is brought to a marine hospital and named Winter. Unfortunately, her injuries cost Winter her tail, without which she may not survive. But with Sawyer's devotion, a marine biologist's (Harry Connick, Jr.) expertise and the brilliance of a prosthetist (Morgan Freeman) charged with creating a new tail, Winter may receive a second chance at life."






The Trailer:

I originally saw the preview for this movie when I went with my family and a friend to see The Zookeeper and Mr. Popper's Penguins. I cried. During a movie preview, I cried. It's never happened to me before and it hasn't happened since. Typing this through blurry eyes is a bit difficult. I still cry when I see the trailers. This movie just has that effect on me. 

Dolphin Tale is the story of a dolphin. Not just any dolphin either. This is about Winter. Winter got caught in a crab trap and her tail had to be amputated. This movie shows her struggle and adds in the love of a boy for his new friend and the lengths he will surpass to save her. 

I love this movie. I've watched it 3 times in the past week. Twice in English and once in Spanish. All 3 times, tears...
This movie is a must-see. It is a tale of inspiration so epic, you have to see it to believe it. My heart was touched by Winter and she has captured the hearts of many others around the world. I wish I was actually able to do this movie justice, but the right words do not exist. It is incredible and heart-wrenching. 

Dolphin Tale is a story of survival, of trust, of hope. The belief that you can overcome any obstacle rings clear. All because of a dolphin. This is a movie no one will want to miss out on. 

Comments

Post a Comment